Time spent in the garden and kitchen is not time wasted; the essence of quality is attained through toil, not technology.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vanilla Eclairs

Ok, so it's pretty clear these are not beautiful (largely due to the fact that I am an inexperienced ninny with a piping bag); but they were darn sure yummy!   I did the coffee version and seemed to have some of the similar problems a lot of you had- the eclairs deflated and, on top of that- my pastry cream became too thin when I added the suggested coffee flavorings!  Even after an overnight in the frig.  So I need to figure that one out- suggestions most certainly welcomed.....
Also, I did a simplified version of the short ribs in port in my precious little Moroccan tagine, newly purchased.   What a scrumptious dish; my dinner guests & DH loved it!  I modified using a recipe provided with the tagine.    Cheers to all my FFWD friends!

7 comments:

  1. I think many of us need practice with piping - the taste of the eclairs should certainly provide some motivation, though.

    We really loved the short ribs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look cute and the most important thing is that they were yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRICIA AND I WORKED ON THE ECLAIRS TOGETHER LAST SUNDAY
    AND ALTHOUGH THEY WERE DELICIOUS, WE WERE DISAPPOINTED
    IN THE SIZE WE MADE. WE REALLY SHOULD HAVE USED A PLASTIC
    BAGGIE, PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT BETTER. YOURS
    LOOK GOOD TO ME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what our individual eclairs looked like, all of us who made these agreed on one thing... They were delicious! Yours look really great in the photos, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as they tasted good, that's what matters! Glad you enjoyed your variation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your encouragement; have to say this was my 1st eclair experience & those piping skills need some serious work!!
    Cheers to all my FFWD friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing those short ribs, glads to hear a good review.

    ReplyDelete